Below are some terms as rules for the Vista St. rentals. For more information, availability and rental information, please
The rental reservation will not be complete and the time will not be reserved until deposit or payment and completed rental agreement have been received.
A $200 deposit is due upon booking; additional $100 deposit per pet. The cleaning fee and any bank/fund transfer fees will be deducted upon returned deposit. Deposit will be returned within 14 days of check out.
A 50% first payment is due 60 days prior to check in date. If your reservation is made less than 60 days to check in, the payment plus deposit is due two days from booking.
The 50% final payment is due 30 days prior to check in date. If your reservation is made less than 30 days to check in, the full plus deposit payment is due two days from booking.
Personal checks will be accepted with reservations made more than 45 days from check in. For reservations made less than 45 days from check in, the following payment methods are accepted: overnight bank/cashier's check, wire money into bank account (transfer fees will be deducted from returned deposit) or PayPal (4% transaction fee, 7% international).
Posted rates are for five nights or more and do not include cleaning fee. Holiday rates apply; five night minimum for holiday weekends. Rates subject to change.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. PST. No early check-in or late check-out unless arranged in advance.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit.
3. PETS are not permitted in rental unless otherwise agreed to.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $200 is required. This must be received within seven (7) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is refundable within (14) days of departure less cleaning fee, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in outside trash cans and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
d. All keys are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked; lost keys are $25/each.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or local law enforcement.
6. PAYMENT - An advance payment is required 60 days prior to arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the house rent. Please make payments in the form of traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashiers checks or personal checks payable to Michael Barba; PayPal payments are also accepted with 4% additional charge (7% international) - charges vary. The advance payment is not a damage deposit.
7. CANCELLATIONS - A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or
early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per house is limited to four (4) persons; more than four guests at $25/night each by agreement only. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
10. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
13. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
14. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
15. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
16. PARKING - 1) A residential parking pass is available at no cost, but with a $100 deposit. Deposit is only returned if pass is left in the house the day of check out. 2) Street parking is easily available to anyone on the east (house) side of the street except on Mon between 10a and noon for street cleaning. The west side of the street is 2 hour during the day and restricted for residents with permits only between 8p and 8a.
17. YARD - This unit faces the street and has a front porch that you can see in the photos. The backyard is accessible to the other two units on the property and not for use of the tenants in this unit. The outside area is limited to the front yard and the enclosed front porch.
18. QUIET - The building is a duplex and two units share one wall the entire length of the building; it's was built in the 1920s so sound travels throughout the building. Renters must behave respectfully of the property and behave in a respectful manner with regard to noise. Please consider these issues before reserving the time.